This no bake, high protein bar recipe is a great option when we don’t have, or want, to use the oven.
You’ll need a food processor, 8×8 pan, parchment paper is optional.
- Oats, 1/2 cup
- Protein Powder, chocolate or vanilla, 1 scoop
- Coconut Flakes, 1/2 cup
- Peanut butter (or nut-butter alternative), 1/2 cup
- Dates, pitted, 5
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Optional toppers (dark chocolate chips, hemp seeds, walnuts are great)
- Add oats, protein powder, coconut flakes and process until blended
- Add in peanut butter, pitted dates, 1/4 cup water, and process until blended.
- Scrape down ingredients on sides of food processor, and blend until you have a “cookie dough” consistency. Add a little water at a time and re-blend if needed.
- Take out the “dough” and place it in the square pan, then press it down evenly with the bottom of a measuring cup. (use parchment paper here if desired)
- Add toppers if you choose.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, and cut into 4 bars.
- They will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Pro Tip- put one in the microwave for 30 seconds before eating for a warm, satisfying treat that pairs nicely with a glass of almond milk!
Nutrition details for one bar:
- Protein 12 g.
- Fat 12 g.
- Fiber 6 g.
- Sugars 22 g.
- Calories 284